About Me

My photo
At the moment I am a junior at Guilford College. I will be studying abroad in Dundee, Scotland from January-May 2011.

Friday, December 31, 2010

T-Minus 1 Week until Departure!

As I sit in my house on New Year's Eve, I come to the realization that in exactly ONE week I will be aboard a flight from Detroit to Amsterdam, or as my mother so kindly pointed out, I could be stranded in the Detroit airport for days due to inclimate weather. Thanks mom, as if I'm not nervous enough as it is; just what I need, the thought of being stuck in an airport for an extended period of time.

I am very excited to begin my journey to a foreign land, albeit slightly nervous. Mom and I went shopping earlier this week to acquire everything I might need while overseas. My nerves were eased a little when I received more information about arrival to Scotland. Just to have a list of all the papers I need to present at customs makes me feel so much better and less like I'm jumping into an endless abyss.

So, now the real countdown begins. One week. 7 days. 168 hours. 10080 minutes. 604800 seconds until I leave. I think I have plenty of time to get everything packed...and start to freak out a little more!

Happy New Year's! I cannot wait to start 2011 with an adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the very best during your new adventure this year Hannah! I can not wait to read/hear all about your experiences. :)

    ReplyDelete